Sunday, August 7, 2011

Morganville Vampires vol. 1 by Rachel Caine


Title: The Morganville Vampires vol. 1: Glass House & The Dead Girl's Dance
Author: Rachel Caine
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: November 3, 2009
Publisher: NAL Trade
Pages: 480
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Age Group: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Stars

Morganville is a small college town in the heart of Texas-not a place that exactly screams "hotbed of creatures of the night". But college freshman Claire Danvers is about to discover why, in Morganville, you should never, ever stay out after dark...

Glass Houses
College freshman Claire Danvers moves off campus and into an old house in the small town of Morganville. Her new roommates have her back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...

The Dead Girls' Dance
Claire may have a great roommate and a new boyfriend, but when she's invited to the Dead Girls' Dance all hell breaks loose-literally. Because this time, the living and the dead are ready to tear up the night...


 I actually never heard of the MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES before, and I picked up this book because, honestly, I liked the cover. It was pretty and a little mysterious and dark and I knew it obviously had something to do with vampires.

I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first and I was glad when I had the first two books in one, because I really did like it. Claire is smart, Eve is funny, Shane is the tough guy, and Michael is basically the head of it all, and they all connect so well together, it was wonderful.

There were a lot of portions I laughed, and some parts where I literally thought that this should not belong in the YA section. The plot-line feels unbelievably complex but when when paying attention it's actually just really well planned out. The books aren't too long and their not too short, and there's actual character development throughout.

I had moments where my jaw dropped, I was scared, and I was biting my nails in anticipation. I was sad when it ended and was ready to rush out to get the next volume, but I don't have it yet.

The story didn't go too fast nor too slow, and the world that Rachel made was fantastic. Again, I'm sure I'm one of the few people left in this world who has yet to read it, but I'm glad I did. I also love how Rachel ends each book with a cliffhanger of sorts.

Twisted, dark, mysterious, and funny. If you have yet to get this book, it is highly recommended that you do. You will not regret it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I still haven't read this series lol. I've heard a lot of great things about it including your review. I'll need to check this out :)

Marybeth said...

Most definitely!