Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Title: Shadow Kiss
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: November 13, 2008
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 448
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Vampire Academy, & Frostbite
Age Group: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Stars

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all...might be seeing ghosts.
As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line--and choose between the two people she loves most.

I am falling in love with the Vampire Academy series, and I am reading them at the speed of light.

Rose is the most selfless person I have ever met in my life, really. I don't know if I could do the things she does, she cares about Lissa too much, she cares about Mason and everything that happens, and she just cares. I am really annoyed with Lissa though, she is the most selfish person I have ever met. I feel like she thinks that the whole world revolves around her sometimes, and what bothers me the most is that Rose can basically read Lissa like a book, and yet Lissa can't read Rose back, which just tells me something about how she feels about Rose.

The entire plot-line was great, and the books are getting bigger so more is happening. The ending stunned me. I knew it was coming, but I wasn't sure which book and how it was going to happen, and when it did my jaw dropped.

Again, I'm going to be harsh on Lissa. I understand how she loves Rose and how they were close and whatever, but there really doesn't seem to be a limit to her selfish behavior. But I did like the way Rose stood up for herself.

What can I say that I haven't already said about the other books? I am just falling deeper and deeper in love. The books are getting sexier, funnier, heartbreaking, wonderful, and surprises at every turn. I'm apart of the small population that hasn't read the book series completely and if you are also in this community I say get to it. I am literally going through the books a day at a time, sometimes two, but you will devour them.

No comments: