Monday, June 4, 2012

Burning Wild by Christine Feehan

Title: Burning Wild
Author: Christine Feehan
Release Date: April 28th, 2009
Publisher: Jove
Pages: 443
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Age Group: Adult

Born into a world of twisted monsters, Jake Bannaconni is shaped and molded into a cold, revenge driven man. Honed in the fires of hell, he controls his world and rules with an iron hand. He has everything and anything money can buy. He’s ruthless, merciless and considered a man to leave alone. His hidden legacy, that of a shapeshifter, makes him doubly dangerous in the corporate world.

Emma Reynolds is a woman who knows how to love and love well. When their two worlds collide, Jake’s plans for a complete take over, may just come tumbling down

I honestly want to thank Feehan for this book. If I had never stumbled upon Jake and Emma, I probably wouldn't be reading romance novels today. Before this book I always kept a twenty-foot pole between romance novels and myself. I don't know why, but I just always found it unrealistic and at the time it just flat out annoyed me seeing other people happy and in love. I was a different person then, and I really didn't have patience for these lovie-dovie books that glorify true love.

But, if it wasn't for the fact that I was eternally bored (Have you ever sat in a bus full of your classmates for more than 21 hours? It'll drive you nuts!) and the stop to that bookstore, I would not have found this book.

Jake has led such a horrible childhood. His parent's were abusive and neglectful, which shaped Jake to being a cold man. After an accident Emma falls into his hands, and Jake wants her. Hiring her to be his nanny, something about her is a little off, though Jake himself isn't as normal. He's a shapeshifter.

Well, I for one fell in love with Jake. He was cold, mean, and ruthless, which just made him a successful business man. But when Emma enters his world things start to change for him as this alluring woman slowly starts to melt his heart. Though, Emma falling into Jake's hands isn't as easy for her either. She's just lost her husband and is alone with a child, but this attraction to Jake frightens her.

Jake and Emma must heal each other in order to protect their family from their enemies.

I absolutely loved this book, though at the time I didn't know that this was a series. These books, like many of Feehan's books, can be read standing alone. The character's are strong and some you just want to kill and others you just want to love.

If you were like me and hate romance novels, I say give this book a chance. This book is a lot about discovering who you are and accepting your fate, along with the romance. Burning Wild is a captivating book that will not soon be forgotten.

No comments: