Friday, July 20, 2012

In Bed With A Highlander by Maya Banks

Title: In Bed With A Highlander
Author: Maya Banks
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: August 30th, 2011
Publisher: Random House
Pages: 361
Format: NookBook
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Age Group: Adult


Ewan, the eldest of the McCabe brothers, is a ruggedly powerful warrior. With the time ripe for battle, Ewan is poised to take back what is his --- until a blue-eyed, raven-haired temptress is thrust into his life.

The illegitimate daughter of the king, Mairin possesses prized property that had made her a pawn --- and wary of love. But her attraction to Ewan McCabe makes her crave his surprisingly tender touch. Mairin's strength, spirit, and passion challenge Ewan to conquer his demons --- and embrace a love that means more than revenge or land.

Wow, when I first saw this book I knew I had to have it just because it had Highlander all over it. As most know, or should know by now, I just love Highland men, especially when I can peg those against Jamie Fraser, who somehow keeps coming back up on top. But, did Ewan come daringly close to stealing my heart. 

I love how the author shows both his hard and soft side. He's the type of man that will come at someone completely aggressive and threatening, but when getting on the right side he can be protective, loving, and like most Highland men I find in these romance novels he is also overbearing, stubborn, and in desperate need of a woman to break him out of his shell.

In strolls in Mairin. The illegitimate daughter of the deceased king she comes with a favorable dowry and land! Thus she has become the target for a very threatening and dangerous man, Duncan Cameron. Now, in order to escape his clutches, and in desperate need of money himself, Ewan takes Mairin.

But, she's about to prove to be the most difficult, uncooperative, and loving woman he has ever met.

The love between the two blossomed from the moment they met and reader's just can't help but smile at how cute they are. They aren't like couples who are in love that are just annoying; this is true, deep love that they share. I just how much Ewan wanted to throttle Mairin for being so difficult, yet if she were submissive I doubt he'd feel the same way about her. And is this woman bloodthirsty! She comes out with punishments that could make the strongest Highlander quiver.

Overall I love this story and I especially love how Banks drives her reader's crazy. I almost thought for a second the entire trilogy would take place for one thing, but apparently not.

And the love scenes between the two. Wow, Banks knows how to make love scenes like a mastermind.

I only wish this book had been longer, but I am so happy with the way events played out and how Banks showed Mairin's strong and difficult character throughout the whole thing. This will make for a spectacular series, I'm sure.

No comments: