Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Title: Wolfsbane
Author: Andrea Cremer
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: July 26th, 2011
Publisher: Speak
Pages: 390
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Nightshade
Age Group: Young Adult

When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive

Wow. Honestly, what has taken me so long to start this series! I must be crazy! 

I have always been hearing wonderful reviews about this book series and it is living up to all my expectations. Granted, I'm probably the last person on earth to actually be reading the books, but I am so glad that I have finally started it. Book two to everything I expected and more! 

Now that Calla and Shay have escaped the Keepers, a new dilemma for Calla has occurred now that she is in the hands of the Searchers, the only enemies she has ever known. But, in order to regain her pack (and her sanity!) she has to trust them. There is no one else to turn to. Yet, guilt gnaws at Calla at every turn. Guilt for abandoning her pack, guilt for abandoning Ren, and guilt for whatever has come upon the Nighshades due to Calla's actions. 

This book was as much as an emotional battle as it was a physical one. Calla's emotions are everywhere and all the rapid changes that are occurring in her life, I'm amazed she hasn't made a run for the hills yet. 

I found that this book shed a lot of light into who Shay is and what he could do for the Searchers. As well as explain the true mythology behind the Keepers, which I still find interesting. Both whatever lie Calla had been fed and the truth that the Searchers know. 

Though, I found it really annoying that Calla feelings for Ren seemed to be interfering with her feelings for Shay or at least that's what it seemed like to me. But I guess this is just that part where emotions are running high and everything is just mixed up. 

I hope that the next and last book won't be a complete let down. So far this trilogy has made an impression on me. If you are in the minority that has yet to read this book, I suggests to get started soon. This book is beyond memorable. 

No comments: