Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

Title: A Hunger Like No Other
Author: Kresley Cole
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: March 28th, 2006
Publisher: Pocket Star
Pages: 360
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Age Group: Adult

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire . . .

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?

This is the first book from Kresley Cole that I have read. I stumbled upon it when I was trying to order another book, and then I saw it again in the store, and that did it for me. I was shocked. I mean, I've read some interesting things, especially from Feehan, but this was a little jaw dropping.

When the story first opens up a war between race's is happening, and while I was really, really confused the majority of the time on exactly who was who and what was what. This book, technically, is the second, with a short story being the unofficial official first book, but still I think reader's could keep up nicely.

I have been told that as the story progresses all the characters and all the immortals involved do start to straighten up a little. And not to mention the plot lines becomes clearer as well as just what was going on. There was a little glossary that I had to keep referring to, which I found both helpful and annoying. I just want to read the story not have to flip changes to figure out what's going on.

I absolutely loved how Cole puts the reader directly into the story like it is no one's business. I was a little frustrated trying to catch up, but as soon as the rhythm got going then things started to clear up.

I loved the passion between the Lachline and Emmaline, and the history of Emmaline herself. I cannot wait for the rest of this series because I have a feeling that I am going to love it! I already love this book and Cole is on my Must-Read List now!


No comments: