Friday, November 23, 2012

Covet by Melissa Darnell

Title: Covet
Author: Melissa Darnell
Info: Website | Facebook
Release Date: September 25th, 2012
Publisher: HarelquinTeen
Pages: 488
Format: Electronic Copy
Acquired: ARC; Netgalley; From Publisher
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Crave
Age Group: Young Adult

Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart. Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming… and not everyone will survive

Wow. Just wow. This book - Goodness.

Well, to start with, the cover. Yikes. If I hadn't read the first book and loved it, I might have been reluctant to read the series just looking at the second book. I am someone who judges a book by the cover, sadly, and this would have turned me away. Compared to the other book, where the cover was much more serene and matched the story. This, this scares me a little. She looks like she's come back from the dead and if I were to judge what the story were about I would probably think some weird zombie book.

Cover aside, the story was just as good, if not better than the first. Savannah and Tristan have been pulled apart and now the two have to find a way to get back together, but sadly that looks like that will be tougher than expected.

I was laughing, I was crying, and I was doing a whole lot of wondering as I read. Sometimes I felt like the story would never move forward and the characters would be stuck in this poor state they were in (loving each other but not being able to be together) but Darnell never fails.

Honestly, I am so glad that I started reading this book series.

No comments: