Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top Ten Books on a Deserted Island

Top Ten is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1. Harry Potter - I pretty much want to read these books before I die, so I would obviously make sure that all seven of the books survive. I'll have too much time on my hands anyways (let's be honest, I'm too lazy to survive) so might as well get to them.

2. Jodi Picoult - I love her because she's very real - and somehow makes any situation you are in seem not so bad compared to what she writes about. This may sound strange, but she'll at least make me feel a little bit better about the whole "dying" thing, because while I may be stuck on a deserted island, things could always be worse. 

3. Outlander - I want to at least say goodbye to Jamie...that's not creepy at all.

4. An Echo in the Bone - This is connected to Number 3 and 1. I want to finish this book before I die and also want to say goodbye to Jamie.

5. Hatchet  - I've never read it but wtf-ever. I may learn a thing or two or not.

6. Anna and the French Kiss - Everyone should go out laughing. And besides, I'll be in a depressing situation and I deserve a few laughs!

7. SAS Survival Guide 2E: For Any Climate, For Any Situation - Might as well try something. If I'm not too lazy.

8. Primitive Skills and Crafts: An Outdoorsman's Guide to Shelters, Tools, Weapons, Tracking, Survival, and More - This looks like it has a lot...and super cheap too! Might give a try.

9. Songs of Fire and Ice - Again, I just want to start reading this and see what it's like

10. Fifty Shades - There would only be one reason I would bring this book series and its not that I like it so much I want one last time to look at it. The book is made out of paper, paper can be burned, burning = fire = survival. Done!

1 comment:

lillylilac said...

Good list. A Song of Ice and Fire is a great series.