the Broke and the Bookish
1. Read 180 Books this year. I read 150 books last year, while I almost didn't make it, I have already read about six books since the new year, which has to be a good sign!
2. Buy less books. I have about a million books (ebooks/physicals) that need to be read. As much as I always want to buy books, I need to slow it down. Not to mention I do have to save money to go away to Canada for summer and then next spring, SCOTLAND!
3. Read more contemporary. I swear, I'm a paranormal junkie. It seems like my head is filled with ghosts, zombies, witches, vampires, and god knows what else. And then when I read books about everyday life? Total foreign world.
4. Review daily. This was a big thing for me, but mostly due to school. While it is still important for me, I also have to be on top of things here.
5. Interact with more bloggers. I feel so isolated sometimes. There are so many good bloggers out there and I barely know any of them, which means that I need to start interacting more. I mean, I can already count on one thing in common with them: BOOKS!
6. Get ARCS/For review books reviewed on time. Can you believe I still have books from 2012 that I need to read in these two categories. I'm playing catch up before school starts in order to get a fresh start this semester. Honestly, I am so disappointed in myself. My Netgalley is disorganized, and so is my email. Which brings me to point 7...
7. Organization. I really need to organize my life, including this one. I need to use my Google calender more often (which is attached to my phone, iPad, and tablet so I always know whats going on) but I need to put my blogging schedule on it. I need to make a blogging schedule! Honestly, after a year, I shouldn't be such a hot mess.
8. Finish books in a timely manner. I still have books from last summer that I have put down and haven't picked up. Mostly because they are hugely thick, and while I could easily read it one day if I put my mind to it, other books look at me, crying for my attention, which means I never give it to the others. In short, I just need to start a book and actually finish it and not get side track by other stuff.
9. Join more challenges. I only did two last year and one I left half-way through because of the drama surrounding it. So, hopefully I can do some more.
10. Read less erotica. Yes, I know, the genre is rising, and I know that a lot of writers are finally getting out there AND I know that while I may not directly read the genre I will be facing it while reading other adult books, but I do feel like I need a break. Sure, most books were good, I just want to read something more in my area that I'm interested in (YA).