Wednesday, February 20, 2013

7 Days to 20: WinterHaven Book's Interview















Welcome to the third day of my event! Yesterday, I had the lovely Giselle from Xpresso Reads stop by and yesterday I had the wonderful Jenni from Alluring Reads. Today is the ladies of WinterHaven Books over. I would like to thank the women for contributing their information.

Amber:
What are some memorable moments you had as a teen? 
One of my most fun and memorable moments as a teen would be when I learned how to drive a stick-shift. A friend of mine had "borrowed" her sisters car. We set out late at night and cruised the neighborhood. There were so many laughs at our faulty shifting skills. That could have been due to our unstoppable laughter. The car lurched forward with a hard jerk, then proceeded to stutter and role to a complete stop over and over. I could have sworn we had whip-lash from the jerking motions. I'm sure we were a sight to see. I had been told many times growing up that learning to drive a manual was important. Maybe those people knew it would create lifelong memorable moments and a valuable lesson...wear a neck support when learning to drive a stick-shift.

Arlene: 
If there was something that you could change, what would it be? 
If I could change one thing that would be that I would have taken a road trip with my friends either the summer before college or sometime during my first year of college. It would have been awesome to explore more of the US before the stress of declaring a major, completing my internships and looking for a job became my focus. I love to read about road trips, especially in stories such an Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, so I wish I would have experienced one in my late teens. 


Cristina
What do you still carry with you (material items or values or etc) that you still have today?
...I kept a phrase in my life that I learned my freshmen year of high school;  "Hope for the best but expect the worse" Oddly, they've been words that have grounded me throughout my better and worst days.


Crystal:
If you could travel back in time and give your teen self one advice, what would it be? 
I would tell myself to not be so shy!  I was really and I mean REALLY shy in high school and I know I missed out on great friendships by being quiet.  I had a wonderful group of friends, but I wonder now if maybe I missed out on lifelong friend because I was too scared to say "Hi".  That and to stay home on March 15, 1998...why will remain my secret forever, but lets just say the night did not turn out the way I needed it too lol!

Thank you so much ladies! You are so awesome!  


And don't forget about my giveaway!

No comments: