Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wings of Tavea by Devri Walls

  
I took part in the tour for Wings of Tavea hosted by Giselle from Xpresso Book Tours

Title: Wings of Tavea
Author: Devri Walls
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: December 11th, 2012
Publisher: Stonehouse Ink
Pages: 450
Format: Electronic Copy
Acquired: From Author
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Wings of Arian
Age Group: Young Adult

Kiora is rapidly learning that evil and lies come in shades of black and white and swirling greys, but nothing could have prepared her for the shock of leaving Meros.
Kiora and her protector Emane step through the pass into a world they never knew existed but were always meant to save, only to find it far worse than they could have ever imagined. Good has been forced into hiding for its own survival, while the rest of the land bows to the Shadow, a force that pushes any remaining thoughts of Dralazar from Kiora’s mind. This land is full of new creatures, each more dangerous than the last. Her visions have taken on a deadly twist, and magic, or what comes of it, was never so real. And then there is Alcander: a Tavean, their guide, and an entirely different kind of trouble

So, I just want to start out by saying that this is the second book in a series and I did not read the first book, so I was a little lost in the beginning as I was being caught up as well as having the story move forward.

From what I read and picked up, though, I think that even if one doesn't read the first book it is still readable.

Now onwards to the story. I absolutely love high fantasy. In my opinion this feels like one of the most creative genres around because essentially a whole world with a whole new set of rules is being created and anything can happen. Kiora, our heroine, is a mess that even she doesn't know how to handle.

Walls brings together a world of intrigue where lies and deception can come from some of the most unexpected places. And when Kiora travels to new lands, the reader gets swept away by this tale.

Overall, I loved it. The imagery was beautiful, the story was beautiful, and a lot of the characters really surprised me.

I have to go out and find the first one and read it because I think this story would be so much better (not to mention just help me figure out what happened beforehand).

If one thing can be said about Walls is that she is just a natural storyteller that takes the audience in and never lets go.


No comments: