Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

Title: The Lonely Hearts Club
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: January 1st, 2010
Publisher: Point
Pages: 290
Format: Electronic Copy
Acquired: Bought
Age Group: Young Adult



Love is all you need... or is it? Penny's about to find out in this wonderful debut.

Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . . .

This is the first time I'm reading an Elizabeth Eulberg book, even though pretty much all her books are on my TBR pile and I am really excited I got to read this.

This was a quick read and I found it incredibly enjoyable.

Penny was a fantastic girl. She had a lot to work on and I'm glad she was able to grow from all her experiences. I kind of wish there had been a Lonely Hearts Club in my school, or that I had been smart enough to do one myself. I felt bad for her, but I was glad that she was able to move forward from that jerk.

I also learned a lot about the Beatles from her Beatles-loving-slightly-obsessed-parents. There were some characters that really surprised me, and I was glad about that. Eulberg didn't make her novel blatantly obvious. She had a lot of good tricks up her sleeves that brought the novel to life in interesting ways.

If you haven't read this book yet, don't waste time and I get going! It is unforgettable!

No comments: