the Broke and the Bookish
This week is a little difficult for me, as I don't really do much beach reading, mainly because I don't go to the beach. It isn't really a place I feel comfortable at. But since I know there are people out there that do, I figured why the heck not and see what I can come up with! For those who are constant beach readers, let me know if this is something you would consider reading at the beach! (BTW, you'll know that I'm not much of a beach reader since I'm most likely going to pick books that have anything that references summer on it!)
1. All Jenny Han - Granted, I have only read her Burn for Burn series, I have been told that her Summer books are just as wonderful. If I ever do go to the beach, I'm going to make sure to pick it up as I kick back in the sand to read it!
2. The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter - Apparently I'm a liar, since this book I did actually read while on the beach. Believe it or not, reading this did make me forget a lot about the uncomfortable heat of the day (and the fact that sand covered me).
3. Twenty Boy Summers by Sarah Ockler - I mean...why not? It's Sarah Ockler!
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - It has been a really long time since I thought about this book, but I can't help but think about what a good book this would be.
5. All Sarah Dessen - She's just awesome, so I don't see why not!
6. Pretty Little Liars - Maybe not as light as the others, but everyone loves a good mystery/thriller/liars!
Okay, I could go on, but the main thing that I want to make a note of is that a lot of light, humorous, contemporary novels would make an excellent beach read. Obviously, Showalter is the only outlier on the list, but thinking of it, just a lot of fun reading could do. Nothing too intense!
What would everyone else consider a beach read? I really do want to know, since I'm not very good at thinking up very good list!