Friday, August 26, 2011

Passion by Lauren Kate

Title: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Release Date: June 14, 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Books
Pages: 432
Format: Hardcover
Acquired: Borrowed
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Fallen & Torment 
Age Group: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Stars

Luce would die for Daniel.
And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.
Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

This has definitely been a huge improvement from the last two. The first one had me wanting to take my eyes out, the second one had me itching to know what was going on, and now, finally, the third book has explained something to me.

I loved the concept of going back through time, because it gives a really good insight on what's going on. Seeing each life was getting closer and closer to why Luce just kept dying. I'll admit, when the truth came out I was a little confused, but then it hits you on the head. Though, I wish Luce wasn't so slow at figuring it out.

And I don't understand how a girl who knows that demons and angels exist would fall so easily to some weird gargoyle thingy helping her. And the fact that all the past Daniels ran off whenever he was around was kind of a little red light here.

Also, was it just me or did anyone else know that there was something going on between Arriane and Roland? Just wondering.

What I liked about this book is that everything became clearer, I liked how Lauren was giving us more action, I liked how instead of just seeing it all through Luce's eyes you also get to see things through Daniel. I liked how she helps us understand some of the characters, like Cam. I would never have imagined what had happened to him made him turn to the other side. And, I also liked how each one of Luce's past lives gives off a different personality. It shows that, despite the fact they all share the same soul, they are all different in their own way. I feel like this would make Luce a little more three-dimensional.

I did feel bad for Daniel though. He has so much faith in their love, could bring a tear to your eye.

Already I can tell that the next book will be a ride that shouldn't be missed, unless she'll do like Stephenie Meyer and build and build and build, and nothing happens. I hope not though, because the way it ended was intense.

If you stopped at the first one or the second one, keep going to PASSION. This book is worth it. Luce is so much more independent now; she has literally grown up, I feel. And Daniel has also dealt with his own understanding, because while Luce was off looking at their past lives, Daniel was facing his own mistakes and I think they both got a lot out of it.

Give it a try, you won't regret it.

No comments: