Friday, October 7, 2011

Something Blue by Emily Griffin

Title: Something Blue
Author: Emily Griffin
Release Date: May 26th, 2005
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: 352
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Other Titles in the Series: Something Borrowed
Age Group: Adult
Rating: 5 Stars

Darcy Rhone thought she had it all figured out: the more beautiful the girl, the more charmed her life. Never mind substance. Never mind playing by the rules. Never mind karma.
But Darcy's neat, perfect world turns upside down when her best friend, Rachel, the plain-Jane “good girl,” steals her fiancĂ©, while Darcy finds herself completely alone for the first time in her life . . . with a baby on the way.
Darcy tries to recover, fleeing to her childhood friend living in London and resorting to her tried-and-true methods for getting what she wants. But as she attempts to recreate her glamorous life on a new continent, Darcy finds that her rules no longer apply. It is only then that Darcy can begin her journey toward self-awareness, forgiveness, and motherhood.
Something Blue is a novel about one woman's surprising discoveries about the true meaning of friendship, love, and happily-ever-after. It's a novel for anyone who has ever, even secretly, wondered if the last thing you want is really the one thing you need.

I love, love, love Emily Griffin. If you think that SOMETHING BORROWED was something to talk about, SOMETHING BLUE just blew me away.

Every time I read a book I want to find out what the other character's are thinking, especially the main character, and for me, it was Darcy. And I was surprised that she even wrote a book for Darcy, but I was happy.

My first reaction? I could not believe someone as selfish as her existed. It was a shock to me, because I keep thinking there's a soft side to Darcy, there is something about her that is different, but when I found out that she's just a heartless, selfish woman, I couldn't understand. And her big move to London? Man, I kept thinking that everyone must move to London when they were upset, but everything that Rachel expressed in SOMETHING BORROWED was brought up, and we finally get to see that magical Darcy isn't so magical.

I'm not saying she deserved it or had it coming, but I think that it must have been for the best of some sort. What would have happened if she had married Dex? They would have been miserable. And just the fact that she got pregnant with another man's baby proves that they were not meant to be, and I loved the way that in SOMETHING BORROWED everything was discovered and how Darcy cannot get away with something like that, because really, who knew that in order to have a relationship you need to cheat on your spouse.

Anyways, the story line was super original and I have a new appreciation for Emily Griffin and I can not wait to read more from her because she is such an awesome author. Anyways, the whole Ethan and Darcy thing was a little unexpected but I guess that's why I have such an appreciation fro Emily Griffin because she is so original and and it's just fun to read something new.

Really, this was such an awesome read. And I love how you get a new insight to the character of Darcy and rediscovering who she is.

Great book. Great story. Great author. Great characters. Greatness all around.

No comments: