Sunday, February 5, 2012

IMM 26

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.

For Review:

 Slipping Reality by Emily Beaver

+January 30th, 2012

Thank You JKSCommunications


In a time of hardship and heartbreak, sometimes, reality just isn't enough. Slipping Reality is the story of fourteen-year-old Katelyn Emerson, who, when faced with the glaring reality of her brother's illness, rebels against the truth by slipping away into the depths of her own imagination. There, she finds the kind of support and comfort she feels she deserves. There, she does not have to feel so alone. And yet, as Katelyn's grasp on reality begins to unravel, so too does the story of a girl who grew up too fast and fell apart too soon. Emily Beaver's debut novel is a coming of age story that deals with the trials of young grief, insight, and growth where it's least expected

10 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Nice. Never heard of this book.

Grace

Meredith said...

Ooh, that one looks good! Love your blog title, by the way! :)

-Meredith

mariska said...

Like your IMM! And the story sounds good. And the cover is beautiful!
Hope you enjoy your book :D

Mariska

In my mailbox

Stepping Out of the Page said...

Ooh, this one looks really intriguing. I hope it's enjoyable! :)

Visit me sometime,
Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

The Muggle said...

Slipping Reality sounds interesting!
Enjoy your book :)

The Muggle
-If you have a moment please nominate your favorite cover here.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I've never heard of this one but it sounds pretty good!!

♥Melissa

Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea said...

I haven't heard of this one either, but it sounds interesting!

Thank you for your comment on my IMM! :)

Kat said...

I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds pretty thought-provoking. :) I will definitely pick it up! Thanks for dropping by my IMM, by the way. Have a great week!

Kat said...

I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds pretty thought-provoking. :) I will definitely pick it up! Thanks for dropping by my IMM, by the way. Have a great week!