Monday, March 12, 2012

Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

Title: Beyond the Highland Mist
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Release Date: March 9th, 1999
Publisher: Dell
Pages: 416
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Age Group: Adult
Rating: 5 Stars

He would sell his warrior soul to possess her....

An alluring laird...

He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir.No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart--until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne de Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland.Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue.Coerced into a marriage with Hawk, Adrienne vowed to keep him at arm's length--but his sweet seduction played havoc with her resolve.

A prisoner in time...

She had a perfect "no" on her perfect lips for the notorious laird, but Hawk swore she would whisper his name with desire, begging for the passion he longed to ignite within her.Not even the barriers of time and space would keep him from winning her love.Despite her uncertainty about following the promptings of her own passionate heart, Adrienne's reservations were no match for Hawk's determination to keep her by his side. . . .

I would never have found out about this book and this series if not for some of my friends who knew about my little obsession with men from the Highland. This was book was everything I had imagined and more.

Adrienne was this spark of light to Hawk, who was in desperate need of a wake up, got. She was funny, outgoing, and full of her own secrets that just added this mix of mystery and the need to find out who she is and where she came from.

And Hawk, if there ever was a man that I would want (as much as Jamie Fraser) it would have to be Hawk. I could not stop laughing long enough after Adrienne basically shot him down over and over again, and the way he just keeps coming back for more. I love how persistent he is, but I love more how he was getting a taste of his own medicine.

The sexual tension between the two was so strong that if anyone tried to get between the two they would just be thrown back. I was surprised that these two lasted for so long away from each other!

And of course there is Adam Black. I was not expecting that at all; when they said faeries, I was not thinking that the Fae would be around. But with all the Shakespeare that was being thrown into this book, I should not have been surprised at all. I was surprised that he would become such a bother for our two lovers and I just wanted to jump in and punch the bastards face in. Just saying.

Anyways, this book was great and I am falling in love with Moning's writing. She is not writing a novel, but poetry with her words. Just the first page sings of her wonderful well-deserved praises because I was trapped from the first sentence.

She is amazing and I won't be able to stop until I have finished all her novels, because this woman is amazing. This book is for all the romance lovers in the world and even for those that aren't. Buy, read, love, cherish. This book is so worth it.

No comments: