Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: January 25th, 2011
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Pages: 358
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: The Iron King & The Iron Daughter
Age Group: Young Adult
Rating: 5 Stars

My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

One word: WOW!

As I turned the final page on this book that was all I could think. Kagawa has joined the ranks of some of my favorite authors, because this book took me to new places and back, and somehow kept me coming back for more.

Meghan Chase has grown so much, and I can't believe only a year has gone by since the first book to this one. I am speechless, I am spellbound, I cannot wait to read the next book because it will bring with it equal awesomeness.

The war is coming and Meghan, Ash, and Puck will need everything they can in order to give Summer and Winter back their home and rid themselves of the evil Iron Kingdom. I wasn't sure how they planned to do this, because obviously Iron cannot coexist with the "oldbloods" but Kagawa shocked me in more ways than one.

And of course there is the romance between Meghan and Ash. If any two characters were ever right for each other these two would be it. And yet, Meghan has grown into her own character that doesn't lean so heavily on Ash, but they give each other support and lean on one another. I really like how Kagawa had given Meghan her own identity away from Ash, but still give her the soft spot that needs Ash.

Then there's the ending. I think my jaw dropped several times. I couldn't believe what I was reading, but at the same time I wasn't overreacting to the whole event, like I usually do when situations like that arise. Anyways, I felt so proud for Meghan. She gave up so much and asked for very little in return. I was also a little angry with her, but I could understand why.

I cannot wait to start the next and final book. I can't believe this series is already coming to an end. But one thing I can say for sure is that I'm glad it didn't end here, even if it would have been a pretty powerful ending.

Romantic, adventures, funny, and heart-racing; this book has it all.

No comments: