Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

Title: The Darkest Night
Author: Gena Showlater
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: May 3rd, 2008
Publisher: HQN
Pages: 379
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Age Group: Adult

His powers -- Inhuman...
His passion -- Beyond immortal . . .
All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member -- a man trapp ed in a hell of his own.

Neither can resist the instant hunger than calms their torments . . . and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction -- and a soul-shattering test of love . . .
Though they carry an eternal curse, the Lords of the Underworld are irresistibly seductive -- and unimaginably powerful . . . Don’t miss this incredible new paranormal series from Gena Showalter

I could not believe it took me so long to read this! I haven't read a book by Showalter yet, but I am really glad that it was this book because I think I'm in love now. 

This book series takes an interesting spin on the tale of Pandora's box, as these warriors had taken the box and opened it out of vengeance because they had not been allowed to guard it. But, the gods had other plans in mind. Instead of firing them the gods had taken the demons and placed them inside each of the warriors. Now, it has come to the point where the warriors cannot live without the demons and the demons cannot live without the warriors, or if they were to be released from their prison they would go to another host. 

Maddox is the keeper of violence and when he meets Ashlyn his entire world goes spinning out of control. 

I absolutely loved these men. Well, some of them. Others they were just too heartless, or maybe it was their demon, but as each was getting introduced and as the reader's get to know them I just had to wonder exactly how Showalter would make a book out of each, but I'm desperate to see. 

I did find the middle a little slow going and it wasn't as dark as some other books by Feehan or Ward, who also deal with very dark paranormal romance, but I think it'll get darker as the series progress.

This was amazing. The romance was incredible and I found myself really immersed into this story. 

I cannot wait to read more from Showalter.  

No comments: