Monday, November 19, 2012

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Title: Hallowed
Author: Cynthia Hand
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: January 17th, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 403
Format: Hardcover
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Unearthly
Age Group: Young Adult

For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

I tried, I really did, I tried to wait until the paperback to come out before reading this but I could not do it! I just couldn't! I fell in love with the first book and I had to have more! Finally, I just gave up and got it and I read it in one day and I have no regrets!

Okay, well, I did sort of have some regrets reading this book. I was super upset with Clara the majority of the book. She tells Tucker everything! Like, have you heard of keeping secrets, especially those that aren't yours to share? Apparently Clara hasn't. I just wanted to punch this woman. I'm glad she didn't grow into being one of those woman that depended so much on the guy, but talk about selfish! If there's a prize for selfishness, Clara would win it hands down.

And now I'm making it sound bad, I know I am, because you know, it wasn't so bad. At least she realized her selfish nature and realized what worrying about herself and Tucker and no one else was doing to her. I hated the way things turned out with her brother, Jeffery. I just wanted the two of them to kiss and makeup but there's just a lot with Jeffery that unsettles me and I wouldn't be surprised by the outcome of it all in the third book.

And since I'm not the last person on Earth to read this series I can finally say, TEAM CHRISTIAN! with so much joy. Obviously there isn't really much of a "team" thing going on in this book. It's obvious who she ends up with - the "team" thing was just for me, I am not embarrassed! If Hand even thinks about moving my girl over to someone else, I am going to go insane and possibly homicidal.

I loved this book, I really did. There were a lot of things that upset me, true, and it did take until near the end for things to really get started but once it did I was just, "Thank you!" because I know this could mean good things for the third book.

I have to wonder though just where this Black Wing thing is going. I mean, I feel like there should be a war since they are the bad guys and I feel like one may be coming but at the same time Hand is not doing a very good job of building it up. It feels like these two beings are just running around in circles, especially with the way things ended in this book.

Overall, I say read it! Because if you loved the first one you will love the second one.

No comments: