Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Brotherhood of Piaxia by Michael Drakich

Title: The Brotherhood of Piaxia
Author: Michael Drakich
Info: Facebook
Release Date: March 15th, 2012
Publisher: Self-Published
Pages: 340
Format: Electronic
Acquired: From Author
Age Group: Young Adult


Years have passed since the overthrow of the monarchy by the Brotherhood of Warlocks and they rule Piaxia in peaceful accord. But now forces are at work to disrupt this rule from outside the Brotherhood as well as within! Follow Tarlok, Savan and Tessia as their paths intertwine, with the Brotherhood in pursuit and the powerful merchant’s guild manipulating the populace for their own end.

Twenty years have passed since the corrupt royal family was put to the sword by a group known as the Brotherhood, made up of warlocks. The story tells a tale of good trying to triumph over evil in a fast-paced novel.

This book is made up of a lot of action, mystery, intrigue, and magic. And I think this is why I gave it three stars. There was such an overload of material, it felt almost overwhelming, especially with the amount of characters that was in the novel.

Admittedly, once the reader gets into the story, it almost feels a little less overwhelming. But, I'm getting a little ahead of myself right now.

Drakich weaves together a magical tale filled with imagination and surprising twist.

I, for one, thought that the novel was a little cute. It has been awhile since I read a fantasy novel, so it was refreshing from all the adult fiction that I've been reading. It has been a really, really long time since I read something just purely fantasy.

It did take me awhile to get through this book, which is another reason for my rating. It wasn't something that I could get into right away, but once it picks up it picks up.

No comments: