Friday, January 4, 2013

The Theory of Attraction by Delphine Dryden

Title: The Theory of Attraction
Author: Delphine Dryden
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: July 9th, 2012
Publisher: Carina Press
Pages: 136
Format: Electronic Copy
Acquired: ARC; Netgalley
Age Group: Very Adult

Camilla can set her watch by her hunky rocket-scientist neighbor who jogs past her window each day. She relishes each glimpse of his shirtless abs, and is dying to see more. But it's hard to connect with a man who doesn't seem to know she exists...

Ivan feels at home in the lab, not in social situations. When he finally approaches his attractive neighbor, it's not for a date--he wants tutoring in how to behave at an important fundraiser. Ivan doesn't expect the chemistry between them to be quite so explosive, and is surprised when Cami actually accepts his proposal to embark on a series of "lessons."

Cami soon discovers Ivan's schedule isn't the only thing he likes to be strict about--he needs to be charge in the bedroom as well. She's shocked at how much she comes to enjoy her submissive side, but wonders if a real relationship is in the equation...

Why couldn't this be longer?! I absolutely loved this story.

I don't know what separated it from some other erotic literature that I read; maybe it was the fact that the male character wasn't some billionaire hunk who is sexy and dark at the same time. He wasn't a scientist, granted he was hot, but it was all surprising the way things played out.

I found myself really liking Camilla. She wasn't dependent on the scientist, even after things started up between them. I like how the drama was very real and nothing was too out there either.

And I loved Ivan, but only because he was so awkward and it came off clear across the pages. Dryden did a wonderful job with character development and bringing the story to life. I say it again, I wish it were longer! I know that it was meant for a short story and it worked out well as one, BUT I just didn't want it to end. The romance, the passion - it gives me goosebumps!

Since it was a short, there's really not much more I can say about it besides readitreaditreaditreaditreadit!!

No comments: