Tuesday, February 19, 2013

7 Days to 20: Jenni Interview

Welcome to the second day of my event! Yesterday, I had the lovely Giselle from Xpresso Reads stop by and today I have the wonderful Jenni from Alluring Reads who will share her own teen experience. I just want to give a big thank you to her for sharing something really personal with all of us. 

What was your teen experience like?

My teen experience was full of ups & downs to be honest.  I absolutely loved Junior High, it was so much fun and everyone at my school was so welcoming.  Near the tail end of junior high though, I started hanging out with, I guess the "wrong crowd."  Going into high school my parents wanted me to go to the same high school that my sister and brother had gone to years before, but I wanted to go to the school that all of my friends were going to. So I got my way and it didn't go to well.  I ended up on the outs with said friends and spent my entire first semester of high school being bullied.  I can remember actually being pushed down stairs and people stealing my binder and trashing all my notes.  After the first semester I switched to the school that my parents had originally wanted me to go to and things got way better! I guess the moral of my story is listen to your parents! Sometimes they DO know best!

What is a memorable (good or experiencing) moment during your teen years?

Once I finished high school and was 17-19 life really looked up! I met my the man that I later married when I was 17 and I had my first child, a little girl named Sloane, when I was 18.  I started my family really young and we are still going strong! 

-If you could go back in time and give your teen self any type of advice, what would it be and why? 

My teen years were pretty much ruined early on by the people that I surrounded myself with and if I could go back and tell myself one thing it would be that none of them will matter in 5 years.  I don't have one person in my life from Junior High or High School and when I think back to how much I let those people affect me makes me sad because it could have been way better back then. 

Come back tomorrow to look at the girls from WinterHaven Books

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Thanks for having me, Marybeth! My early teen years are ones I wouldn't relive for a million dollars but really good things come out of them in the end <3 Happy Birthday!