the Broke and the Bookish
1. Jodi Picoult - I love everything she writes! She throws so much passion into her work and all her novels come to life!
2. Meg Cabot - Sure, she has had a few books which I could not stand (some I have not even bother to read because I know I won't like) BUT her other work has made a huge impression on me. She's not like most chic-lit authors out there. Her work has so much underneath; layers and layers of just pure artistry.
3. Diana Gabaldon - Two words: Jamie Fraser.
4. Lisi Harrison - Yeah, I know she writes for a much younger crowd than me, but I am so okay with that because her books are just as relevant in the adult world as they are in the teen world. Besides, she's just so hilarious!
5. Christine Feehan - If it wasn't for her, I honestly wouldn't be reading romance novels today. I will never forget the day that I was so bored that I finally gave in and just picked up a romance novel as a form of entertainment and soon entered a world of vampires of a whole new species!
6. J.R. Ward - Speaking of romance and vampires - this woman always has my heart. Well, at least Rhage does, but I love all of the Brothers. She makes a lasting impression that I love.
7. Maya Banks - I love everything there is about Scotland. I want to go there, I want to live there, and I sure want a husband from there. When it comes to her historical romance novels set in the Scottish Highlands I just get chills. While I know, realistically, I'll never find guys like what I read about, I'm still allowed to dream!
8. Julie Kagawa - She's the only reason I'm reading books about Fae now. I don't think anyone has brought faeries more to life than she has and her vampires? I wouldn't want to mess with them.
9. Cassandra Clare - She's the only author that I am strong enough to put the book down, for as long as a year, while I wait for the next book to come out that way I'm not sitting there antsy wondering what's going to happen and losing my mind. Losing one's mind is never fun.
10. Gena Showalter - I am slowly making my way through all her books. I don't want to rush it, but at the same time I just want to keep reading about each and everyone of her characters (and I'm talking mostly about The Lords of the Underworld books). Her other books I'm excited about as well!