Friday, June 21, 2013

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

Title: Ghost Town
Author: Rachel Caine
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: October 26th, 2010
Publisher: NAL Trade
Pages: 338
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Glass House, The Dead Girl's Dance, Midnight Alley, Feast of Fools, Lord of Misrule, Carpe Corpus, Fade Out, and Kiss of Death
Age Group: Young Adult

While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, student Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders.

But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence: people inside the town begin to slowly forget who they are-even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save Morganville...

As many of you know, I was reading these books in volumes as they came out, but it has been well over a year since the last volume was released and I was getting impatient and needed my Morganville fix, so instead of waiting, I just got the rest of the books individually. Now, I'm just waiting for the last one.

And what a fix I needed. I have been on a nonstop Morganville Vampires marathon since I got the books, which for those of you that follow me on Instagram know that I got a lot of them.

First can I say how much I love the cover? I looked back at some of the covers for the earlier books, and this I have to say is so much better. The other books that followed afterwards also look amazing. And I love the color schemes that they got going on.

Now, to the story. Rachel Caine has developed the characters beautifully. Even though it has been awhile since I last read anything Morganville I love how I'm able to pick this up and still be able to remember everything that occurred in the last novels. And I'm able to remember how the characters are and compare them to now. It's crazy how things happen.

I'm so glad there was much more of Amelie and Oliver.

Also, is it just me or do the vampires get much deadlier in this book and those that follow? I feel like they do, which just reminds me how vampires are supposed to be. Deadly and fierce.

Rachel Caine is a genius and I absolutely love this series. I love it so, so much!


No comments: