Friday, July 12, 2013

Last Breath by Rachel Caine

Title: Last Breath
Author: Rachel Caine
Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release Date: November 1st, 2011
Publisher: NAL Trade
Pages: 335
Format: Paperback
Acquired: Bought
Interest: Series
Others in the Series: Glass House, The Dead Girl's Dance, Midnight Alley, Feast of Fools, Lord of Misrule, Carpe Corpus, Fade Out, Kiss of Death, Ghost Town and Bite Club
Age Group: Young Adult

With her boss preoccupied researching the Founder Houses in Morganville, student Claire Danvers is left to her own devices when she learns that three vampires have vanished without a trace. She soon discovers that the last person seen with one of the missing vampires is someone new to town-a mysterious individual named Magnus. After an uneasy encounter with Morganville's latest resident, Claire is certain Magnus isn't merely human. But is he a vampire-or something else entirely

Rachel Caine does it again by blowing me away!

Usually, in a series that is this long, I always fear that the interest will die away and that the characters will no longer be interesting, but that is not the case with this book series. If anything, they just keep getting better and better.

I absolutely love how Caine changes things up, which is why things become so interesting, I feel. Now the readers are no longer just looking at Claire's point of view, but looking into Shane, Eve, Michael, and even Amelie. Now that was interesting, to say the least.

As for Eve and Michael, all I can say is that the chick is really grinding on my last nerve. I mean, marriage, really? She was okay in the beginning, but now she's just irritating me and I really don't like her. And then she has this bad habit of complaining on just about everything and all I can think is, Why is she still around?

Shane and Claire are just as cute as ever.

Of course, things took an interesting twist that left me, well, with my last breath (no pun intended). Caine finds new and better ways to keep the interest alive, and she is winning.

No comments: